SALARY Paid Study Grant
TYPE OF JOB Care, Sport & coaching, Teaching and Tutor
Have the summer of a lifetime in Italy! Teach English to children at our summer camps - earn a TEFL through Theatre & Play certificate while supported by a paid study grant.
Each summer EDUCO sends hundreds of mother tongue English speakers to over 200 summer camps across Italy, from the Alps to Sicily. Our camps offer a unique experience for Italian children as they do not adhere to traditional teaching methods, and instead employ the use of drama, songs, and games to instil learning and lower inhibitions surrounding the English language. Camps from 9-5, Monday - Friday, and the children are immersed in this mode of learning from start to finish. Each camp runs for either one or two weeks, before sending tutors off to a new location.
Join us for a rewarding summer experience in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. We're looking for passionate, responsible and reliable tutors who love working with children and are prepared to teach the English language in fun and creative ways. Previous teaching experience and Italian language skills are NOT necessary for this role.
Our mandatory, five day orientation course in Bologna will prepare all tutors with the training they need for our camps. Working in small mentor groups, you'll be taught a large and diverse repertoire of activities to help you successfully run camps. EDUCO will also provide you with an extensive supply of didactic materials to take to camp. T
All tutors must commit to a minimum of three camps following orientation. Our program offers great flexibility throughout the summer and tutors may request time on hold to travel in between camps.
In order to apply, applicants must meet the below requirements:
- Must be 18 or over
- Must be a mother-tongue English speaker (if not then proficiency level must be extremely high)
Furthermore, the following are not required but are seen as desirable credentials:
- Previous teaching experience
- Experience working with children
- Previous TEFL experience and/or TEFL Certification
- Degree or studies in education and/or theatre/drama
- Experience living and/or working abroad
EDUCO will provide all tutors with:
- Full training at one of our orientation courses held in Bologna
- Free accommodation with Italian host families
- Paid transportation from camp to camp
- Insurance against accidents that may occur while at camp (additionally, tutors are required to have their own health and travel insurance policy)
- EDUCO will also support all tutors with a paid study grant for their participation in the program
Once accepted onto our program, you will be responsible for:
- Flight costs to and from Italy
- The cost of transport from your final camp to departure airport
- 200 euro orientation fee (to be paid in cash upon arrival in Italy)
In order to participation in our TEFL program applicants must:
- Attend one of our orientation courses
- Be able to commit to a minimum of three weeks in camp following orientation
These jobs may fit you 👇
We're on the lookout for enthusiastic and engaging people to work with our young camp visitors during every school holiday. You'll join a lively and passionate team and will be working directly with some of the 20,000 young people we welcome to our camps each year.
- Camp Beaumont
We are looking for Tutors!
We are on the lookout for private tutors to deliver tuition in a number of subjects (Maths, English, Science, Languages, History and around 300 others.)
Be part of our tuition community today!