TYPE OF JOB Hospitality
EDUCATION Does not matter
Commis Chef – Temp to Perm
£8.00 per hour. Immediate start available.
What’s in it for You?
The opportunity to work at a branded restaurant, in a fantastic environment as a Commis Chef and gain significant experience in a fast-paced environment. Attractive benefits package and employee pension on offer. Room for career progression.
One of the largest independent restaurant companies in the UK with restaurants located across the country.
As a Commis Chef, you’ll be an important member of the Kitchen Brigade and a source of support to your Head Chef and Sous Chef.
Duties and Responsibilities
* To be hospitable, cooperative and polite with any guests and fellow front/ back of house team members always
* To ensure our guests receive all food requests to correct brand specification within timeframe appropriate to dish
* To ensure your food section is constantly supplied with the full range of menu items within your section
* To cook and prepare food items within your section to brand specifications always
* To maintain prep levels on your section helping to avoid shortages
* To maintain a clean and tidy appearance and work in an orderly manner in line with brand standards and legal requirement
* To store food items correctly and in rotation to minimise wastage
* To adhere to all standards as outlined in Food Safety Management System and Health and Safety Worksafe System.
* To assist in the training of any new team members as required
* To complete cleaning duties as per rotas and instructions of Kitchen Manager
* To help the front of house and back of house teams and colleagues in carrying out duties to ensure an effective and efficient operation of the restaurant
To be considered for this position you will have
* Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate (or demonstrate experience/knowledge of Health & Safety/hygiene requirements in a kitchen)
* A formal cooking qualification
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Previous experience as a Commis Chef in a small establishment or experience in a more junior position within a larger kitchen, including supervisory and training responsibilities
Excited and have the relevant skills, experience and qualifications? Call (Apply online only)
Across-the-Board Recruitment operates as a recruitment business and agency. Across-the-Board Recruitment and its clients are equal opportunities employers
These jobs may fit you 👇
Taskmaster recruitment are currently recruiting for House Keepers for our high end client in Stamford. Housekeeping experience within a hotel in preferred but not essential as full training would be given. Duties would include, clearing down bed rooms, making beds, cleaning bath rooms. £7.8
Are you looking for extra MONEY for Christmas Early Morning Cleaners required for a retail outlet based in Watford WD17 2EU Hours Are 7am - 9am Salary £5.90ph - £7.83ph Days Monday Wednesday Friday & Saturday but will be increased to 6 days per week due to the time of year You will b
Temporary School Chef Ripon Area £10ph We are currently recruiting a temporary chef to work in a school environment therefore a current enhanced DBS is required. You will be cooking freshly prepared meals for around 40 students. Previous similar experience is preferred but not essential. R