SALARY £8.75/hour plus excellent benefits
TYPE OF JOB Care
EDUCATION Does not matter
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We’ll ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it’s never ‘just a job’.
We are looking for looking for caring and enthusiastic Female Relief Support Workers to join our Penzance Outreach team who are passionate about supporting people with a learning disability, to enable the people we support to live as independently as possible.
For some people, support work is something they’d love to do, but commitments outside of work make working a regular shift pattern or rota difficult. That’s where the Relief Support Worker role comes in. The difference is that the role isn’t contracted, so you aren’t expected to do a set number of hours every week – giving you the freedom to pick and choose shifts that work for you.
The ladies you will be supporting have a mix of individual abilities, ages and personalities so no day is the same. From feeding the ducks, to arts and crafts and day trips to the Eden Project.
The work will involve offering daily support to adults with a learning disability which can include support with shopping, budgeting, decision making, inclusion in the community and support with general day to day activities.
This role will suit an outgoing person who is committed to supporting and encouraging people to achieve their best. You should be motivated to look for opportunities and ways of working with people which can give new experiences and introduce them to new and exciting things.
The ladies we support do have quite complex needs, require full personal care support, can display challenging behaviours and also have difficulty communicating verbally. Due to this, experience in a similar role is preferred.
Shift patterns are subject to change due to the nature of the role but currently include 08.30 - 16.30 and 09.30 - 17.30 on weekdays. However, some of the ladies do enjoy going to discos and evening clubs, so flexibility is a must as there may be a variety of different shift patterns and can also sometimes include weekends.
A full UK driving license is essential for this role, as well as having access to your own vehicle.
If you are looking for a challenging but rewarding role, please apply today.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
* 20 days’ holiday (exclusive of Bank holidays), increasing to 27 days’ with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
* Amazing Induction
* Access to award winning training and development
* Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
* Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
* Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
These jobs may fit you 👇
Would you like to work in a service that has been rated OUTSTANDING in their care provision? Dean Healthcare is the leading Health and Social Care Agency in the South West and would like to invite you to be a part of our ever-growing success! We are currently seeking experienced and motivated supp
Dean Healthcare is the leading Health and Social Care Agency in the South West and would like to invite you to be a part of our ever-growing success! We are currently seeking experienced and pro-active support workers in the Yate area to join our team at a small home for adults with learning disabi
Dean Healthcare is the leading Health and Social Care Agency in the South West and would like to invite you to be a part of our ever-growing success! As a member of Dean Healthcare’s support staff you will promote independence, personal development and facilitate informed decision-making in a